Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Ethical Question


According to online marketing firm eROI the highest email click rates during the first quarter of 2006 were on Sundays (6.6%) the open rates were (25.9%), which is the second highest open rate for the week. The highest open rates were on Tuesdays (26.4%). This makes total sense to me since Sundays is the only day of the week where people have actually time to sit in front of their computers to browse the internet, open emails, and buy staff online. I have seen this trend myself when working for mendigshed.com conversion rates for our keyword campaigns went up by almost 1% on Sundays. As an LDS, I personally avoid work on Sundays and try to make it a family time, a time of service, a time of learning and worship and doing good. However, I am aware that while I rest on Sundays, the keyword campaigns I manage during the week are still online on Sundays inducing people to buy things on the Sabbath day. So, the ethical question is, should I pause all keyword campaigns during the Sabbath day? Or should I keep them running to take advantage of one of the most profitable days of the week?

What do you think?

1 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter script
View My Stats