Monday, July 24, 2006

The Madness of War

This post has nothing to do with Internet Marketing, PPC, Affiliate Marketing or how to boost your internet sales. This post is about the horrors of war.

I read the story of Nuhader Monsoor this morning on CNN and I felt I had to do something about it. And since there is little I can do to stop a war, I decided to write about it to show my indignation.

Nuhader Monsoor is an 8- year-old boy who at this very moment is lying in a hospital bed somewhere in Lebanon horribly burned, “His pain cannot possibly be imagined as he shakes uncontrollably in and out of shock. He has blood coming from his eyes.” Next to him is his 8-months-old sister also terribly burned and his mother whose crying can be heard all over the hospital. They were trying to flee the fighting waiving white flags when an Israeli missile slammed into their car. The father died instantly.

Now, I have no doubt Israeli intelligence was well informed Nuhader and his 8-month-sister were Hezbollah members and a danger to Israel national security.

Sadly there are politics like Tony Blair, Condoleezza Rice, President Bush, and Israel Prime Minister who think it is not yet the right time to stop this madness.

My heart breaks imaniging that little boy whose screams can be heard from the hospital’s hallway and whose life has been shattered by the hypocrisy of governments. Who is the terrorist here?

If the God I know is a God of love, then Nuhader’s cries shall be heard,justice shall prevail and Nuhader’s suffering will be nothing compared to what is in store for those who put conditions to stop a war.

1 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Francisco,

That is certainly a touching story--it's horrible that little children and other innocent civilians get caught in the crossfire.

Just make sure you don't condemn one party without looking at the other side of the coin.

Remember, it was Hezbollah that did a raid across the border to kill and kidnap first. And there are Muslim factions who are sworn to the destruction of Israel. Israel certainly has a right to defend itself against the factions that continue to wage holy war against them. There are still hundreds of rockets crossing the border in the direction of Israel. There are casualties on both sides. How many Israeli children have died/suffered at the hands of extremist Islamic factions?

Remember, Israel complied with peace talks. It withdrew from the Gaza Strip and the West Bank. They used to occupy part of Lebanon, but withdrew in 2000. And then Hezbollah attacked. What does that say about blame?

So I agree that war is a terrible thing, but I don't know if I would lay even half the blame at the feet of Tony Blair, President Bush, Condoleeza Rice, or the Israeli Prime Minister.

Luckily God will be able to serve justice and give succor to those who suffered. And I will join with you in asking world leaders to do whatever is in their power to stop war. Just remember to examine all of the issues, and that we may have a very hard time discerning how real judgment should be made. I won't say that I'm right, but I will say there is more to what's going on than the human interest stories on CNN may show.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter script
View My Stats